Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My busy life :)

My son awoke me this morning saying that daddy needs to bring him home a dinosaur, a chicken, and a doggy. Really makes you wonder what goes on in an almost three year olds head when he thinks about a deployment. So incredibly sweet and innocent.

I feel so incredibly blessed to have both of my children through this deployment. They keep me busy and entertained. I'm not sure what my life would be like with out them and my husband, and I know that I'm ok with that. My life is rich in so many ways. my family, my friends, and the few people I share my love with.This thanksgiving, that is what I am thankful for.

Today my children decided to both cry at the same time, so my solution, put daddy's video of him reading 'Green Eggs and Ham'. Magically, they both calmed down, just stared and listened. Made me feel so many emotions at once. One of happiness for them to see and be calmed by him, one of sadness that he couldn't actually be there to hold and comfort them. Many more, but those stood out the most. I've noticed that with the deployment this time, I don't so much feel sorry for myself as I do for my kids and my husband. For him to miss the birth of our daughter, and to miss time with Keagan. I feel so badly for them all, it breaks my heart.

The upside is that we get to take many pictures, do a lot of crafts, and make sure daddy sees it all. I'm still in need of buying my husband a webcam and netbook so the children can see him and talk to him. That will be good.

My contractor finally showed up to do the weather stripping and fix the attic ladder. I'm so happy, hopefully it'll help my electric bill, and now I can climb into the attic without dangling on the bottom piece because it didn't touch the ground! It's only taken about 6 weeks for him to finally get it done!

Today, Keagan had to get caught up on his shots. Poor little man. He has forgotten about them now. I had to butter him up first. So we had a mommy and son date. We went to the commissary, he got cookies, and I got groceries, and my husbands vicks inhalers to send out. Then we went to the px, and got some stocking stuffers, craft stuff, husbands dip, and little decorating things. Next we had lunch and ice cream. Then, the not so good part for him, hospital time :( The hospital on post lets you just walk in for immunizations. Well, as some of you know, I've been meaning to do this for weeks. Literally. Last time I went in, they couldn't find his records, so I went home. Today I went, and after waiting for about an hour and a half, they found them! Then came the shots. Those nurses are fantastic, before I even realize she had done one, she had all three of his shots done, handed Keagan a lollipop, gave him the intranasal flu, then gave him a sticker, and we were on our way. WOW. Now I have his shot records and everything, so next week is CYS registration time. WOOHOO!

When we finally made our way back home, I already had my homemade chicken noodle soup started. The noodles were dry from last night, and the chicken with celery stocks had been boiling all day. I was making a double batch, because one of my friends had been sick, and she has three kids. I thought it would be nice to send a pot her way. Chicken noodle soup does the body good, you know? Well, my husband was online too.  So we talked as I cooked, I felt so bad, he probably wanted some of it too! Kali began crying. So now, here I am, juggling chopping vegetables, talking to Alan, and getting a newborn to calm down. The life of a mom who is married to the army, HAHA.

Finally got the soup done, dressed for the frg meeting, and ready to go. It ended up being good. Got to visit with my friend for a while, and see how big her children are getting. I still can't believe how fast the time goes with kids. They keep you so busy, you hardly notice until you pause to take a look around. One thing I have learned, is to never hope that time passes quickly, because once it goes, you'll never get it back.

Alright well, I will get off of here for now, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...