Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Another day exploring

Well, my son is out to a movie with his 'Meme', so I thought I would post a blog and get on with the day.

 I made three paintings this morning. They are in black and white. Not bad for not painting in over a year!
These were all inspired by Bromeliad: My DIY: Dollar Store Abstract Expressionism - DIY style, frugal home design, budget travel




Next, to reclaim so older paintings and make them look better. Then to start my homemade Christmas cards and and tags! I opened a shop on Etsy last night, under the name lilmamacoy. I'll be posting stuff in there soon. I'll have cookies, candies, cards, scrap booking pages, etc. If I start to do well, I may start listing some decoupage art, blankets and other homemade items. Let me know what you guys think when I start posting stuff, or if you have any ideas or tips for things yourself, let me know! All of you military SAHMs know what I mean when I say, I love my children, I love my husband, but I need to feel like I am contributing with more, and also doing things that I love!
Anyhow, my Etsy store is going to be only what I have made, and a limited number. If you want it, you have to buy it when it's in stalk. I don't want to stress myself by constantly doing what people want, so I'm just going to do me, and by my own schedule :)
Today, I've also got to get my husband's x-mas list sent out for people who want to send him something. Although it's rather easy, it's been a task I've been putting off. Same with packages.. I hate going to the post office with kids, but also, it's been over a year since I've sent a care package, I've honestly forgotten what forms I need. So I've traded with one of my good friends, I'll baby sit for her, if she'll make sure I have coffee when she drops her daughter off, and if she will mail my packages. God bless her! She said 'deal'. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore! PHEW! Well, before my break with only a newborn to care for, is over, I'm going to try and get some things done...

List for the day:

Paintings
Make cards and tags
list items on etsy
hang up cool coat rack from Pier One (scored yesterday on sale for 6.88)
















Try on new dress from Kohl's (scored yesterday too for only 14.40) It is going to look great with some black panty hose, and my black boots, and pea coat! So excited to wear when it gets a little bit cooler!

















Clean my room (if only I got allowance for doing so)
Search online for a dresser for the kids room
Start working on my decoupage project
Figure out what's for dinner tonight
Put away dishes
OH! before I forget again, something that should be at the top of the list HUSBAND's XMAS LIST!

Hope everyone has a great day, and I'm sure I'll be making some more short posts today!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, love your new art! Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If it weren't for you, it probably would've never happened. Thanks for the inspiration to start my painting again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...