Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Today, in a glance

Today was a good day. Rainy, but good. Started off the morning with some spiced pancakes! YUM!



  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin pie spice
  • OPTIONAL>3 Tablespoons Ground wheat germ with flax and cinnamon (I use some from www.hodgsonmill.com)
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (I prefer mexican vanilla, yumm)

Mix all you dry ingredients together, then mix your wet ingredients together, create a well in the middle of your dry, and mix all together. then cook on an oiled, medium heat griddle, or pan. Be careful to cook all the way, they do come out a little bit darker because of the seasonings! I used about a 1/4 cup per pancake.
ENJOY!

Also, I FINALLY got my hubby's packages sent out. 5 boxes, carried inside... In the rain! Made me decide I really need an umbrella and rain boots! My son really loved the rain too! Jumping in the puddles and getting his clothes soaked! haha, got to love that amazing, joyful energy! Where does that go? I used to love playing in the rain. Maybe i need to take him out to do that, and see if I can reconnect with it too!

I also got the hubby his Under Armour socks he's been wanting! Thank you U.S. Cavalry! I guess they are great out on patrol when he is gone. Hopefully he'll enjoy!

My peanut butter fudge also got sent out. My husband is a HUGE Reese's fan, so I took leftover Reese's, and made fudge with them (great way to get rid of some leftover Halloween candy!). It actually turned out amazing! Yes, that is surprising, because it was a complete experiment. I've never made fudge before to be honest. It even passed the mother in law test. So that was good.

Got the commissary shopping done! I love the produce they have available. So much better than what's available at the largest competitor. I'm sure you all can guess without me saying it. The big W. I'll leave it at that.

Got home, took a nap with both my babies. I always enjoy that. We had dinner, and then went to my friends for a hot chocolate date. MMMM..

Here's my ADULT Mexican Hot Chocolate
 (take out the alcohol for the kid friendly version)
(for regular flavored hot chocolate, omit cinnamon and chili powder)

  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1/3 cup boiling water
  • 3 1/2 cups milk or milk substitute (I prefer a mix of vanilla hemp, with chocolate almond milk)
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (mexican kind for me)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/8 C per mug of Vanilla or Coffee Flavored Kahlua
  • Marshmallows or Whipped Cream optional

Mix all ingredients in sauce pan (except Kahlua, and preferred topping) and bring to boil.
Have mugs ready with Kahlua in bottom, then top with marshmallows and/or whipped cream!
Great for a chilly or rainy evening!



Well that was my day. I hope you had a great one as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...