Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

♥ Pizza Pizza ♥

As my blog goes through a metamorphosis, and becomes whatever it shall be, you will see many posts about my interests, and things that make me feel like my own person. Through out my life, I have either been rushed into adulthood, or wanted to act as one. As I stand back and look at the last few years, I seemed to be dimming the lights on who I really was, and instead being a wife, and a mom. Granted, I LOVE being a mother of two, and a wife. Now, as it was very bluntly pointed out to me, this is not who I am, but merely a part of me. I guess you can say I am on a road to self discovery. My life is still young, and I am still growing into who I will be years from now. My motto has been and always will be, live your life without regrets, because at the moment, it is what you truly believed in. Right now, I truly believe in me, my family and my friends. I need to figure out who I am. What I enjoy, not just what my kids, or my husband enjoy, but what makes me happy.

Sorry about the rant...

Ok.. So I love cooking. Anyone who knows me can tell you. I am constantly posting something on fb about food. I mean how could I not? My family has been in the food industry for YEARS. I have a cookbook that has been in my family for ages, and passed down forever as well.

Tonight, I made pizza. From scratch. Pizza makes me happy. Cooking for others makes me happy. I do not know my measurements for sure, but this is my estimate.. but my crust directions are as follows...

makes 1 xl pizza crust, or 2 mediums

1 Packet of yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
3 cups of flour (plus extra to roll out dough)
2 tbs olive oil
3 tbs sugar
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (I prefer fresh ground)
2 TBS ground flax

Ok, so you have to put the yeast and warm water in a bowl with sugar and mix, let sit about 10 min...
Meanwhile, mix olive oil, Italian seasoning, and flax in bowl..
Next poor yeast mixture in bowl with olive oil mix.
Now, add flour slowly until it forms a ball of dough.
Next, cover with plastic wrap loosely by just setting it down in the bowl on top of the dough. Let sit for 1 hour in a warm dark place.
After one hour is up, punch dough down. Preheat oven to 350.
Now take it and roll in out on a floured surface. I prefer to use my hands for a thicker dough. Now, you make it the shape and thickness you prefer.
Next, when it is on your pan, you can leave it like this
BUT I always put olive oil on top, just enough to very thinly coat the surface, and then I take minced garlic, and rub it around on top with the olive oil..
Bake for 5 minutes, pull out and top as you please.

One of my favorite ways to top is tomato sauce, then mozzarella, Philly steak meat (already cooked), Artichoke hearts, and Jalapeños! YUMMY!!!

Well, wish you well, and I will post pictures of pizza later!
Goodnight all!



2 comments:

  1. I love this post and you! As someone who has been around the block more than once, I can tell you that sometimes it takes awhile to figure out who we are. You can be so many things to so many people, just be true to yourself and love yourself. Who you are is already a reflection of how your such a wonderful mother, wife and daughter. Be fearless and keep exploring!

    BTW that pizza really rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to this journey, and excited to see where it will take me. Thank you for the encouragement!

    I'm telling you, I love cooking. i may start posting recipes from my family cook book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...