Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Crazy week!

Hello everyone!

  Sorry for the delay on posting! I've gotten back to work full time and I am trying to get everything back into balance. I cannot wait to start my volunteering! Also, school starts back relatively soon. I have many things getting ready to start soon, and I am only hoping for the best out of it all.
  I have been trying to get back into my artistic side of things, and hoping someone will soon approach me about custom things. I will be starting back on tutus, and hair accessories. I love doing these kind of things as they make me so happy and appreciate the little things.

A couple of pictures of things I've been working on:


Alright, well to finish off my post, I'm going to post a recipe. Today will be:

Grilled Chicken Skewers
(6 servings)

1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 C of beer
2 T lemon juice
1 T olive oil
1 t paprika
1 t oregano
1 t sea salt
Ground black pepper to taste

Combine beer, lemon juice  oil, paprika, oregano, salt  and pepper in a zip lock baggie; add the chicken chunks. Seal the bag, shake lightly and coat chicken, let marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Soak wooden skewers in hot water for at least 30 minutes. 

Place marinade in a saucepan, and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.

Divide chicken on about 12 skewers. Grill or broil skewers until lightly browned, about 3 minutes, turn and brush with reduced marinade. cook until chicken is done, about 2 more minutes. Serve immediately. Also, this tastes great with brown rice. 

Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

    - Emma

    emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emma,

      I'm always up for collaborations. Let me know what I can do! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Janelle!

    So sorry, I was inactive for a while, but I am starting back up again now that I have time. I hope all went well with the marriage, and I look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...