Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's day!

Today has been quiet the productive day. I only have two more cards to make and send out! I think they turned out pretty well, considering I don't particularly care for drawing. I need to get more craft supplies. I've been considering trying to sell my cards again, but am kind of scared about if it's worth the price to list them and everything. Open to thoughts. On another note, I made a card for my love. I'm hoping he enjoys it, although I did mess up a tad bit. Ok, a big mess up on it. Thankfully it was just his, and I know he will love it either way. If it were anyone else's, I would have fixed it. I drew on the wrong side, so it open wrong, haha. Other than that, I love it! Now if only he would get home to see it! I hope everyone is having a great day today!

These are a few of the cards that I made for the 2013 Valentine's day. Some of them were edited more after the pictures were taken.










I hope that everyone one of you gets to meat someone special to you as well. I am now with the person I am certain I was meant to be with my entire life. He is my one, my only. No words could ever describe the way I feel about him. He is my best friend, my go to, for everything in my life. The only person I have ever been able to be completely myself around. No lying about my feelings at all. We were friends before we got together, and I feel that has been the best foundation to our relationship. He knew me. Who I was. No secrets. I feel incredibly blessed. (Did I also mention, he can cook and clean??) Happy Valentine's day to you all, and I hope you find your lifetime Valentine.

Now to finish my post, let us find a recipe to post.. Hmm... How about a different take on Pork Pot Roast? Feeling like putting your fancy pants on?  Maybe you like full-bodied rose? Perfect!! Keep in mind, the pork needs to refrigerate overnight with the dry rub on it!

Ok, we will start with the dry rub. (I make extra and store it, it's delightful)

Pork Rub
(enough for 4 lbs of pork shoulder also called pork butt)

  • 1/4 C Salt
  • 1/4 C Brown sugar
  • 1 t Crushed red pepper
  • 1 t  ground Cumin
  • 1 t ground Allspice


Pork Pot Roast with Clams & Chorizo
(serves about 6)

  • 4 lbs Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt
  • 3 T Olive oil
  • 1 Onion diced
  • 2 Leeks (washed and diced)
  • 2 regular sized Carrots
  • 2 stalks of Celery
  • 5 cloves of Garlic chopped
  • 1/2 C golden Raisins
  • 1 bottle (750mL) of dry Rose
  • 1 C Vegetable broth
  • 1 link of Chorizo, cut into small pieces (this is the dried chorizo, not the soft kind)
  • 18 Littleneck clams, rinsed
  • 2 t fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
  • 2 t fresh Oregano
  • 2 T flat leaf Parsley
  • Salt & Pepper to taste



Alright, so to start, the night before, apply the dry rub to the pork, and refrigerate. 2 hours prior to cooking, pull the pork out. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Pat the pork dry with paper towels. Heat a large roasting pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Add the Olive oil and heat for a minute. Add the pork and brown it on all sides. Turn often, should take about 4 minutes. Remove the prok, and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion, and stir for 3 minutes. Add the leeks, carrots, and celery. cook for aobut 3 minutes. Next, add the garlic and raisins, cook for a minute. Now add the broth, rose, and chorizo. Then add the pork back to the pan. Now cover and bake for 3 1/2 hours. After the time is up, put the pork on your serving platter to rest (essential because this finishes the cooking process, and let the juices settle). Now put the pan on medium heat (I know, but keep going, it's soooo worth it). Add the clams, rosemary, oregano, and 1 T of the parsley. Cover and cook for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes (or until clams open). Taste it.. If it needs salt and pepper, add it. Now arrange the clams around your pork all pretty like. Ladle some broth over the pork and clams. Take the rest and add it to a gravy dish. Now serve and garnish how you like, and enjoy!! I like to have a nice glass of wine and some nice crusty bread with this!

Have a great evening, and I'll catch you on the flip side. Bye!





1 comment:

  1. Cute Valentines... my daughter would love the owl ones.

    The pork pot roast, clams, and chorizo sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...