Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Long time, No see

Just the right place to find a schadenfreude

Oh my! It has been an extremely long time since I have blogged. Well, this is my come back, and that was the end of my break. Life has changed so very much for me since the last time I was here. For a while it was extremely tough, but now is regaining sanity. I am in the midst of quiet a few new projects on my plate. 

As of right now, my big one, getting back online! I know, I know, I'm a tad bit rusty but I think I shall give it a go. I think I shall post one of my favorite recipes!

This recipe is not too terribly expensive to make, but mighty delicious.
Here it is, my version of Chicken Piccata! Now don't knock it till you try it, and any of the additions are optional. If you have you're own version, let me know!


Chicken Piccata

(serves about 4)


  • 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • Salt and ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 tsp of crushed red pepper (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tsp unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered (optional)
  • 1/4 cup drained capers
  • 1 6 oz pkg of fresh spinach (optional)
  • 1/2 a 10 oz pkg of mushrooms, sliced (optional)
  • 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice (follow directions on packaging)




Gather all your ingredients and have them readily accessible. You can tweak this recipe to suit your tastes FYI!


Take you chicken breasts, trim the fat, and then slice into little strips. Heat your pan to about a medium to a medium high heat, with the half the oil and butter. Toss in your chicken breasts, salt and pepper to taste, your paprika, and just enough lemon juice to add some flavor to your chicken. Cook till golden. Remove from pan and set aside.Start your brown rice. Add the rest of your olive oil and butter back to the pan you cooked the chicken in. Now toss in your garlic, artichoke hearts, crushed red peppers, and sliced mushrooms. cook until a caramelized color is on the garlic. Once this happens,  add the rest of your lemon juice, white white, and chicken broth. Let simmer until it reduces. Add your chicken back in, add the capers, and the spinach. Serve with or on the cooked brown rice. 



Hope you enjoy, and let me know how it turns out for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...