Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

In the Clouds

Happy Tuesday!

It's another day for me. Trying to decide the best paths for me to take. I'm sure I will get there someday. My life has regained stability finally. I could not be happier!

Today I've been looking at paint sets so that I can get back into painting. There are some nice sets out there. I tend to buy a basic set and then buy specific colors from places like Hobby Lobby. I've been looking so much at things that I want to do. I have yet to send out my Valentines cards. I have just not had the time to send them. I should get to it today or tomorrow. I love making cards and sending them out to people. I will post pictures of some of them soon. What I am doing this Valentine's Day is sending a piece of origami to everyone. Want to see how I learned? Click here! That site that I just linked to, has tons of instructions  for many different pieces. Another thing I've been doing, cooking! Oh how I love cooking. I recently rediscovered my great grandmother's cook book, and have been considering throwing together a whole new one that has her traditional recipes, as well as my own. Of course, some of the recipes will be needing some updating, considering they are from the 1930's and up! (see below for a new recipe)

My life has changed a lot over the course of the last year or so. Many ups and downs. I swear it has been a roller coaster. I have learned, changed, and grown throughout it. Excited for the few changes that are still coming. Maybe not in the next few months or even year, but they will get here. People have tough times, and that is what makes us who we are. How we react to situations shows our character. People must remember as well that we are not our mistakes, yet they are a learning experience, a part of life. One tough lesson is to know who will truly be there by your side, through the thick and the thin. I've had my share of fair-weather friends. It hurts for people to not be a part of your life anymore, but never regret them. Some people have come into our lives to help us learn lessons, but they were not meant to stay a part of your life.I know who my friends are, and those are the ones I can count on. I am so incredibly lucky to have the friends and family that I have. Thank you to each and everyone of those people!



To end my post for the day, I'll be posting one of my family recipes. It is for Cloud Biscuits. These are incredible! Definitely the only homemade biscuit recipe I ever use.

Cloud Biscuits -Georgia Graham


  • 2  C Flour
  • 1 t Sugar
  • 4 t Baking Powder
  • 1/2 t Salt
  • 1/2 C Shortening
  • 1 Egg, beaten
  • 2/3 C Milk


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sift together all dry ingredients. Cut in the shortening. Combine the egg and milk. Add to the the dry mixture all at once. Stir till dough follows fork around the bowl. Turn on floured surface. Knead gently with the heel of your hand. Around 20 strokes. Roll dough 3/4" think. Place on ungreased baking sheet. If desired, chill 1-3 hours.  Bake at 450 degrees for 10-14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...