Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day!

So does anyone have any big plans for tomorrow? I am pretty sure we are waiting till Friday to do anything. I figure it would just be easier as it's the end of my love's work week. Very excited though! I can not come up with the perfect Valentine gift yet. I'm pretty sure I'll have to sneak out to get it. 

So what is trending right now? I'm seeing a lot of posts with #iHateHowPeople so I shall put this up right now.. This is my very own list for:

 #iHateHowPeople 
...don't shut shower curtains
...leave lights on
...judge me by hearing a story that is just that, a story
...knock something before trying it
...hate on my music choices
...have pictures with everyone else, but not with me :(
...say things that hurt you intentionally
...are spiteful
...do things without thinking
...think they are their mistakes
...give up on learning
...lose sight of their imagination
...choose to not learn to cook
...never find something to be passionate about
...are content without making a difference in the world
...can not see the good in people


Ok... That is it for now, as I am sure I could come up with a million. I'm going to end my post how I normally do, with a recipe. 

Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Salad
(serves 6)


  • 1 Clove of Garlic 
  • 1 T coarse Salt
  • 1/2 t Cayenne (unless you want more kick)
  • 1 t Paprika (smoked if you have it)
  • 2 T Olive Oil
  • 2 t Lemon Juice
  • 2 Lbs. Peeled and deveined Large Shrimp
  • 1 lb 50/50 Salad Blend (Spinach/Springmix blend)
  • 1 T Butter
  • 1 C dried Cranberries
  • 3/4 C Slivered Almonds (blanched)
  • 1 Avocado sliced
  • Goat cheese to taste (optional)


Mix all ingredients from the Garlic to the Lemon juice together, mix and marinate shrimp. Place on a preheated grill and cook till opaque. About 2-3 minutes on each side.

Place almonds in a pan and cook with butter till lightly toasted. Place Salad blend in a large bowl, top with cranberries, almonds, avocado and grilled shrimp. I add goat cheese to mine, and usually make a red wine vinaigrette. I hope you enjoy!

**BONUS RECIPE**

Chocolate Souffles
(serves 6)


  • 1 T Unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/3 C Granulated sugar, plus more for coating ramekins
  • 4 Oz. Bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 C Cold water
  • 1/3 C Unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 6 Large egg whites, at room temp
  • Confectioners sugar for dusting the tops


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter six 1 C ramekins and coat with granulated sugar (tap out the excess). Place ramekins on a good baking sheet. In a large bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the coarsely chopped chocolate. Remove from heat, whisk in the water and cocoa powder until smooth. In another bowl, use a handheld mixer, beat the egg whites at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the 1/3 C of granulated sugar and beat at high speed until the whites are firm and glossy (about a minute). Fold 1/4 of the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mix, then fold in the rest until no streaks of the egg remain. Spoon the mixture into the ramekins and smooth the tops. **HINT: Run your thumb around the inner rim of the ramekins to clean the spills and help the souffles rise evenly.** Bake in the center of the oven for 16 minutes, or until very puffy and set around the edges. Dust the tops with the confectioners sugar and serve to your love :)


Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!!!



P.S.
Now, if you enjoyed that, you should check out this blog for some more great ideas! :) It's the katherinemartinelli blog! You can thank me later.


2 comments:

  1. The shrimp and avocado salad has me drooling! I am off to check out the blog you recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you try it. It's delicious to me! The different textures combined, and the different flavors, spicy and sweet are an amazing combination. Hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...